Welcome to CFAWL!
CFAWL is a professional organization devoted to:
1. Actively promoting the advancement and recognition of women in the legal profession;
2. Expanding leadership and involvement of its members in the community at large;
3. Furthering the common interests of, and encouraging camaraderie and learning among, its members;
4. Promoting women's opportunities and rights; and
5. Upholding the highest standards of integrity, honor, and courtesy in the legal profession.
Thank You to everyone who attended CFAWL's Annual Member's Reception!
On September 9th, 2014, CFAWL hosted its Annual Member's Reception. The reception was held at the law firm of Fisher Rushmer where CFAWL's past accomplishments were celebrated, honored members were recognized and new members were welcomed! Below are some of the photos captured during the event!
Interested in Joining a CFAWL Committee?
- This year the Mentoring Chairs are in need of a Support Team to assist with bringing CFAWL's award-winning Mentorship Program to life for 2014-2015. Members of the Support Team may be involved with pairing mentors to mentees and/or coordinating the kickoff and mid-year mentoring program events. To get involved, please complete the application at www.cfawl.org/membership.
FAWL IVP Committee
- FAWL is partnering with Informed Voters Project (IVP), which is led in Florida by Florida Supreme Court Justice Barbara Pariente and Linda Leali. The Project focuses on educating voters about the attacks on the judiciary and why it is important to have fair and impartial courts. FAWL has asked CFAWL to designate a chapter IVP chair, who will coordinate IVP training to our members, reach out to civic groups in the community to present IVP educational sessions, and coordinate with the Committee. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Kimberly Hosley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to see all of CFAWL's upcoming awesome events!